Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lotus Bridge


oil on prepared paper, 18 x 24cm (approx 7 x 9.5")

This was done over two sessions on location. I was painting with a friend and was struck by the sweet composition with the bridge in there. Usually I'm so besotted with the flowers and leaves I tend to hone in up close, so it's a nice change to do something with distance in there. It sold to a passer-by before I was able to take it off the easel. It might be fun to try a larger version at some point, though I'd probably want to do another small location study first.

Here's a shot of the actual scene, with my improvised wet canvas holder on the easel...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

incredibly beautiful -

You sound like you're just enjoying painting... and that's a wonderful thing and talent you have.

I wonder if there would be any ways to let more people see your work.

Keep having fun! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!!!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Hi bob, thanks for visiting, and thanks for your comments. Glad you like it!

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first visit to your site and I love it. Your use of colour and feel for the subject -really what art is all about! I admire what you are ach.ieving with such a loose and sensitive approach

8:42 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Thanks so much, Margaret.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home