Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lost in Lotus Land


oil on linen, 21.5 x 27cm (approx 8.5 x 10.5")

The past few weeks I've been on a summer lotus-painting marathon at Shinobazu-ike, in Ueno Park. This painting is probably my favourite so far. It's what I'd call a kinda sumie style oil sketch. It was done pretty quickly (for me), and I'd just finished packing up my gear when a heavy downfall of rain decided to hit. Whew, well timed.
This photo was hard to get the colors and tonal values right, the background may (or may not) be a tad too much toward the yellow and/or a tad too dark on your monitor.

2 Comments:

Blogger 'Mela said...

That's a lovely work, Julianne...

I bet that could be a beautiful print!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Thanks Mela! There are more coming, just need time to post. Too busy painting, which isn't a bad thing..... :)

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home